If you want to declutter your bathroom, one of the best things to do is get rid of some of your belongings. This area should be calm and organized so that you can relax when you’re taking a break from your busy day. It could also be dangerous if there’s a lot of clutter in the bathroom because you might slip and fall. Here are some tips on how to declutter and organize your bathroom.
Get Rid of Unused or Expired Products
The first step to having a clean, organized, and tidy bathroom is to go through all of your products and get rid of anything that you don’t use or expired. This includes old makeup, skincare products, shampoo, and conditioner. If you can’t remember the last time you used something, it’s probably time to let it go.
Organize Your Products by Category (skincare, haircare, etc.)
Now, with all the left products, it’s time to organize them by category. This will make it easier for you to find what you need and put things away after using them. For example, keep all your skincare products together, haircare products together, etc.
You can use baskets, boxes, or dividers to help keep everything organized. And be sure to label everything, so you know where everything goes.
Store Your Most-Used Products Within Reach
Once you have everything organized, it’s time to think about where you’re going to store all of your products. The items that you use daily, for example, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, facial cream, etc., should be within reach to make it easy for you to get ready in the morning without having to search through a cluttered cabinet.
You can use a caddy or a shelf on the inside of your cabinet door to store your most-used products. Or, if you have limited space, you can use hooks on the wall to hang those items.
Install Shelves for Extra Storage
If you still need more storage space, consider adding some shelves to your bathroom, which is a great way to store things like extra towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies. Just be sure to use baskets or bins to keep everything organized and in its place.
Under the sink is a great place to store things like toilet cleaner, shampoo, and conditioner. Use some container (a caddy or bin) to keep everything organized and in its place. You don’t want these items just sitting on the floor of your cabinet because they can leak and cause damage.
Things You Can Store in the Bathroom
Your toothbrush likely is one of them. But even if you dry your hair in your bedroom on occasion, keeping your hairdryer with your other hair tools and hair products in the bathroom makes sense. That way, it’s all in one place when you need it.
Here are some other things you can store in your bathroom:
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shampoo, conditioner. These items should be placed closer to the sink so they are within reach when you need them.
- Hair tools: Hairdryer, curling iron, straightener, hair brush. If you have the space, you can keep these items on a shelf or in a drawer near the sink, or you can hang them on hooks on the wall.
- Makeup: Foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick. You can keep your makeup in a drawer or on a shelf near the sink. If you have limited space, you can store your most-used items on a tray on the counter and keep the rest in a box under the sink.
- Skincare: Facial cleanser, toner, moisturizer, serum, eye cream. These items can be stored in a cabinet or on a shelf near the sink.
- Towels: Bath towels, hand towels, washcloths. These can be stored on shelves or in a cabinet near the bathtub or shower.
- Cleaning supplies: Glass cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, toilet cleaner, etc. These items should be stored under the sink, ideally in a bin to prevent leaks.
- First-aid supplies: Bandages, antibiotic ointment, pain reliever, etc. can be stored in the medicine cabinet.
Once you have everything organized and in its place, you’ll be amazed at how much easier it is to keep your bathroom clean and clutter-free. And who knows, maybe you’ll even find that you enjoy spending time there!
Leave a Reply